Bonus Moms...







Growing up, I was blessed to have several “bonus” moms in my life. These ladies were the friends of my own amazing mother. They each played their part in making me into the woman I am today. Some of them were only there for a short time, some a little longer. But they all taught me valuable life lessons. Things like; “You should only buy white bathroom towels. They won’t get stained, because you can bleach them.” They wiped my tears, calmed my fears, and filled that role anytime they were asked.

Now that I have kids of my own; I have learned just how vital these bonus moms are in this journey of motherhood. Throughout my journey, my children have had many bonus moms. Due to the crazy chaos that is our lives, I have relied on these ladies more times than I can even count. At times, I am pretty sure my oldest spent more time with her bonus moms than she did me. Usually, because my youngest was in the hospital. These ladies stepped up to fill that void anytime they were asked without any hesitation.

I have several bonus children of my own! They are all amazing, and I cannot imagine my life without them. I love them all so much! It has been an honor to help fulfill the role of bonus mom in their lives. Watching them grow from babies to little kids has been a fantastic experience. I cannot wait to see how much they continue to grow and change as they get older.

The role of Bonus moms in our lives, further cement the fact that we were not created to do this alone. It honestly does take a village! So, shout out to all the amazing bonus moms out there! Thank you for stepping up, when you didn’t have too. For taking our kiddos, even when you were already exhausted by your own. Lastly, for loving them in the whole-hearted way that you do! You are terrific, and motherhood would be so much harder without you!

💓Shelby💓

Comments

  1. I've got me some "bonus" moms too. Thankful for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet Momma was one of my “Bonus Moms” and luckily, I got you and Lindsey in the deal! Love your writing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intro